Recent Health News
Great American Smoke-Out on November 17th!
November 15th, 2016
There is an well-known adage, quitters never win, an adage that at least in one case appears to be wrong. Approximately 40 million people in the United States have the opportunity to be quitters and w... Read More »
Happy Heart Month!
February 2nd, 2016
Happy Heart Month! February is "Heart Month", a great time to refocus our efforts on keeping our heart as healthy as possible. And this February includes "leap day" (February 29Read More »
Healthy Living Rochester | Health Tips and Resources
Welcome to Healthy Living Rochester! Started in 1999 as CardioVision 2020, our aim is to help promote health by supporting activities of healthy living in Rochester, Minnesota and the surrounding communities.
Over the past 10 years, unhealthy living habits have become more common throughout the United States, leading to very large increases in obesity and diabetes. To help counter these trends, we invite you to join with us to help promote healthy living in the following ways:
- Choose to Be Active—work on adding physical activity to your daily activities
- Choose to Eat Healthy—work on increasing the number of fruits and vegetables you eat each day, while decreasing high calorie foods, like cheeseburgers, sausage, cream, and fried foods.
- Choose to Live Tobacco Free—any exposure to tobacco can be a potential problem for our health. Live tobacco free and help others do so!
- Choose to Know Your Numbers—know your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and body weight numbers, and work to get them under excellent control.
- Choose to Live Well with Heart Disease—if you have heart disease, make sure you are following healthy lifestyle habits, are taking your preventive medications, and are following up regularly with your doctor.
Growing evidence shows that our lifestyles have a big influence on our health. Even for people with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or heart disease, healthy lifestyles can help improve their health in important ways.
Choose to be healthy and join with us at Healthy Living Rochester!