As you kick the tobacco habit, you will be the beneficiary of a number of health benefits, including the following:
At 20 minutes:
- Your pulse rate drops
- Your blood pressure decreases
- Your hands and feet have better perfusion.
At 8 hours:
- Your exhaled carbon monoxide drops to normal
- Your oxygen level comes back to normal
At 24 hours:
- Your risk of a heart attack is already lower than in a smoker
At 48 hours:
- You are able to smell and taste better – and it will improve much more
At ten days:
- Your gums and teeth have circulation like in a non-smoker
At three months:
- Your lung functions are approximately 10 percent better than before
At one year:
- Your risk of a stroke is now about half compared to people who smoke
Quit and win!
For more information about how you can enter Quit and Win 2011 and be eligible for a cash prize drawing, go to www.healthylivingrochester.org.