The month of February is designated as national heart month. It’s a perfect time to think about ways to improve our heart health!
Starting on Valentine’s Day, February 14th, Healthy Living Rochester is sponsoring HealthFlix 2012, a health promotion campaign that invites people in Rochester and the surrounding area to produce and submit 30-60 second video messages aimed at promoting healthy living.
Basic details of HealthFlix 2012 include the following:
- Individuals or groups can submit videos
- Videos should be targeted to a general audience that includes viewers of all ages (“G” rated).
- Videos should be focused on one or more of the following Healthy Living Rochester goal areas:
- Eat healthy
- Live tobacco-free
- Know your health numbers (blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and weight)
- Live well with heart diseas
- Be active (for those with heart disease)
Videos can be submitted from February 14th until March 28th.
The public will be able to vote online for their favorite videos, March 30th until April 9th. Videos with the most votes will be reviewed by a panel of local celebrity judges who will select the top 3 prize-winning videos: “Most Motivating”, “Most Humorous”, and “Most Original”. The winning videos will be announced on April 11, 2012, with winners receiving cash prizes and the opportunity to be highlighted on the Healthy Living Rochester website and Facebook page.
Healthy lifestyles lead to good health, and the more we promote and follow healthy lifestyles ourselves, the healthier our community will become. We invite all who live in Rochester and surrounding areas to make a difference in our community by participating in HealthFlix 2012.
To see more details about HealthFlix 2012, go to www.healthylivingrochester.org.
From the Healthy Living Rochester Team
No related posts.